The Tec 45 course
Tec 45 picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes your training as a Tec diver further and deeper.
You are expected to have your own equipment for this program, although it is possible to hire it from us.
What Will I Learn?
- The skills and equipment and planning required to dive to a maximum of 45 metres
- The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops.
- There would be no time limit to amount of decompression
- Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies
- Master the basic skills and procedures you will need as you move into deeper technical diving
What Scuba Equipment Will I Use?
You will use basic Tec diving equipment
What Learning Materials Will I Need
You will use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack, which introduces you to;
- Tec diving terminology, emergency procedures, decompression and stage cylinder handling and gas planning
The pack includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your Tec diving adventures. You will continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack throughout the Tec 50 course.
Tec 45 Prerequisites;
You must be:
- A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- A PADI Deep Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Tec 40 (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives, of which at least: 12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres and 6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 30 metres
- At least 18 years old
- Have a medical declaration signed by a GP
You will complete Knowledge Development sessions and an Exam as well as four dives. The final dive will be between 27 and 45 metres with a single gas decompression gas switch for conservatism.
Knowledge Reviews and other useful materials can be found on our downloads page
Course cost is £399
Gas, boat fees or site entrance fees are not included in the course price