You drift down and pass through a window into the past and as you near the bottom, a recognisable shape begins to form! First, you see a straight line, then a round window. Next, a ship materialises in front of you. As you look at the wreck, the past and present meet!
Whether sunk intentionally or tragically, a sunken ship, a plane or an automobile, the call of wrecks is nearly irresistible to divers. Through the PADI Wreck Diver Speciality course, you gain the skills, knowledge and procedures you need to answer the call of wreck diving.
We have courses running throughout the year around the Isle of Wight and at Vobster Quay in Somerset. Why not join us for a weekend, complete your course and experience the thrill of learning to dive wrecks and safely penetrate them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates and we can make it happen!
- Must be a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation) and be at least 15 years old.
- Number of Dives: Four dives over two days.
- Learn how to survey a wreck, find safe entry and exit points, lay lines for penetration and respect and conserve the wrecks you dive on and in.
- Become adept at navigating on wrecks with brilliant buoyancy, the Project AWARE way.
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
The underwater world needs heroes! Be one! Learn how to conserve the aquatic environment and our amazing wrecks throughout the world for the future and allow future generations to enjoy the underwater world and the history it holds!
What will I need and what is the cost?
Course Fee £245.00
* Please note, all courses are valid for 12 months from day of purchase.
Site entrance fee: There is a fee for open water dives requiring entry to an inland dive site, payable daily by the student. Any boat costs if relevant, will be agreed prior to the course.
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!
2 Torches and a Reel are also required for this course so pop in to discuss this with us!
Proof of current qualification and experience, (log book and cards), must be provided on day one of the course.