Are you fascinated with aquatic life? Always wondering what that fish is and why it always dances under a coral head whenever you get close? If you’re engrossed with life under the surface, the PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality course is ideal for you!
In your journey to underwater naturalist, the course teaches you about the different major aquatic life groupings and how they interact so that you understand what you observe in the underwater environment.
With the PADI Underwater Naturalist Speciality course under your belt;
You see the aquatic world differently. You don’t see “fish”, but individual species with distinct strategies for surviving in a complex, interactive ecosystem!
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organisation)
- Overview of aquatic life groupings and interrelations
- The role of aquatic plants, food chains and predator prey relationships
- Responsible interactions with aquatic life
- Number of Dives: Two
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What do I need and what is the cost?
Course Fee £165.00
* Please note, all courses are valid for 12 months from day of purchase.
Site entrance fee: There is a fee for open water dives requiring entry to an inland dive site, payable daily by the student. Any boat costs if relevant, will be agreed prior to the course.
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!
Fish ID slates for the UK and abroad are available from Island Divers.
Proof of current qualification and experience (log book and cards) must be provided on day one of the course.