Spend time around water (as a diver, how can you avoid it?) and sooner or later, you come across someone who lost something underwater. If you’re looking for the challenge and excitement – along with doing your good deed for the day – the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Speciality course is for you. It gives you the skills you need to locate what has been lost, and how to safely raise it to the surface.
In the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Speciality course, you learn search and recovery dive planning, organisation, procedures, techniques and how to deal with potential problems. You learn how to locate objects of varying sizes and weights using search patterns, and a variety of ways for raising them to the surface. Not only do these skills make you more capable and confident in the water, but most Search and Recovery Divers eventually end up searching for and recovering something they lost themselves.
- Must be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or a PADI Open Water Diver with the PADI Underwater Navigator Speciality (or equivalent certification from another organisation)
- Number of Dives: Four
- Search patterns, lift bag use and recovery methods
- Limited visibility techniques and navigation for search and recovery
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What do I need and what is the cost?
Course Fee £295.00
* Please note, all courses are valid for 12 months from day of purchase.
Site entrance fee: There is a fee for open water dives requiring entry to an inland dive site, payable daily by the student. Any boat costs if relevant, will be agreed prior to the course.
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!