The Sea Turtle Awareness speciality course
This Course introduces divers to basic Sea Turtle Awareness identification and conservation. The aims of the course are:
- To introduce the work of Project AWARE
- Introduce sea turtle species common in temperate or tropical waters
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to identify turtles, record sightings and register your findings to aid research
- Raise awareness about sea turtle population decline, the importance of sea turtles to marine biodiversity and how you can all help further decline by becoming an eco tourist
- This certification will count towards your PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
This 2 dive speciality is great to complete on one of our overseas trips such as the Red Sea or the Caribbean. Contact us for details of any Red Sea trips coming up or for details of Caribbean sailing cruises check out Blue Passion Sailing – the boat comes with our very own PADI Dive Master on board – how cool is that!
Can be taken as part of our 5 Speciality Package for £425 but this does not include Manuals (Usually £22.70) or DVD + Manuals (Usually £43.20). Certification cards are paid for separately if used in conjunction with offer. They cost £25.00. Why not upgrade your card to an awesome Project AWARE card? Donate £10 or more and get a choice of fantastic underwater images!
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!