Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs.
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them.
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Speciality course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance. You learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully.
You swim near fragile environments without harm to them or yourself. Dive the Project AWARE way and look after the environment!
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organisation) and 10 years old.
- Number of dives: Two
- Buoyancy fundamentals, weighting and adjustments
- Streamlining, balance and trim
- Fine tuning buoyancy and mastering hovering
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What do I need and what is the cost?
Course Fee £145.00
* Please note, all courses are valid for 12 months from day of purchase.
Site entrance fee: There is a fee for open water dives requiring entry to an inland dive site, payable daily by the student. Any boat costs if relevant, will be agreed prior to the course.
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!
Proof of current qualification and experience (log book and cards) must be provided on day one of the course.