The PADI Drift Diver Speciality Course
Drift Diver Introduces you to the coolest magic carpet ride you’ll ever experience. This course shows you how to enjoy rivers and ocean currents by “going with the flow”, staying with your dive partner, communicating with the dive boat and knowing where you are the whole time.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation) and be at least 12 years old.
- You will learn Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- An introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines, reels
- Buoyancy-control, navigation and communication for drift diving
- Site selection and overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
What do I need and what is the cost?
Course Fee £165.00
* Please note, all courses are valid for 12 months from day of purchase.
Site entrance fee: There is a fee for open water dives requiring entry to an inland dive site, payable daily by the student. Any boat costs if relevant, will be agreed prior to the course.
Full SCUBA Equipment is required for the Course. If you need any equipment, you can hire this from Island Divers – just give us a call!
A Surface Marker Buoy (SMB) and reel are required for this course so pop in and chat to an instructor for good advice.
Proof of current qualification and experience, (log book and cards), must be provided on day one of the course.