The AWARE – Coral Reef Conservation Speciality
Coral Reef Conservation Course teaches divers, snorkellers and non divers about the vital role of coral reefs in the marine environment. The course also familiarises participants with the current state of the world’s coral reefs and how they can help preserve this for the future.
There are no dives or age limits. Divers and non divers alike enjoy learning about the aquatic environment.
- An introduction to the Project AWARE Foundation
- Covers the importance of coral reefs to marine ecosystems and coastal areas
- Coral reef biology, association and competition
- The status of the world’s coral reefs
- How participants can help, including responsible diving and snorkelling practices
- Certification counts toward the PADI Master Scuba Diver rating.
Held in our modern state-of-the-art classroom at Island Divers and run over one day.
What do I need and what is the cost?
Can be taken as part of our 5 Speciality Package for £425 but this does not include Manuals (Usually £22.70) or DVD + Manuals (Usually £43.20). Certification cards are paid for separately if used in conjunction with offer. They cost £25.00. Why not upgrade your card to an awesome Project AWARE card? Donate £10 or more and get a choice of fantastic underwater images!
Course Fee £90.00 as a stand alone course and not part of the package deal.
All you need is an interest in the aquatic world!!